Key Quotes

"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world is either a madman or an economist."
(Kenneth Boulding)




"Down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid. "

(Raymond Chandler)





"Live simply so that others can simply live." (unknown)





"I cannot live without books" (Thomas Jefferson)





"Sport is war without the shooting" (George Orwell)





"New York is a great city to live in if you can afford to get out of it" (William Rossa Cole)





The secret of a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits (Patterson Hood)































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Wednesday 1 September 2010

A New Start

Its September 1st and it seems like a fresh start. On a personal level last night I wrote my letter of resignation from work, there can't be many people who give a year's notice, but I have my reasons, not least my lack of trust in the Government and my belief that they will attack public sector pensions sooner rather than later.

As part of the fresh start I wrote myself a list of things I wanted to do over the next twelve months. I'm working part time now so I've enrolled at the gym so that I can dovetail my working hours with trips to get some exercise. We went and bought the bike I chose yesterday. At the moment I'm a bit like a kid with a new toy, but I want to get out and about round here and leave the car at home. Finally I'm keen to find time to pick up the guitar I bought some years ago, I always said it was a retirement project.

I'll still be at work most days but now the die is set, my mind is made up with very few reservations.

No comments:

Post a Comment